Investigations of Allegations of Job Discrimination, Harassment, or Other Misconduct
- Determine scope of allegations and identify critical issues;
- Identify potential witnesses;
- Conduct interviews of parties and witnesses;
- Draft statements based on interviews of parties and witnesses;
- Gather and review documentary evidence;
- Develop potential resolution strategies where appropriate;
- Write reports that clearly summarize and analyze information gathered, considering relevant laws and regulations.
- Lead group training on subjects including the following:
- Maintaining a respectful work environment;
- Equal employment opportunity basics for employees;
- Equal employment opportunity responsibilities for managers;
- Managers' responsibilities in regard to workplace harassment.
- Provide one-on-one coaching to help employees understanding the boundaries of appropriate workplace behavior.
Workplace Climate Surveys
- Survey employees regarding EEO or other workplace climate concerns;
- Develop customized questions to suit organization's needs;
- Typically maintain anonyity of survey feedback to encourage responsiveness;
- Determine patterns and common denominators in employees' responses;
- Provide recommendations to management for addressing employee concerns.
Federal Sector EEO Counseling
- Identify issues and bases of informal EEO complainsts;
- Conduct limited inquiries into allegations;
- Identify resolution options;
- Draft settlement agreements where appropriate;
- Draft thorough reports documenting the counseling and attempted resolution efforts.
Federal Sector Final Agency Decisions (FADs)
- Review and analyze investigative reports;
- Apply appropriate theories of discrimination and relevant case law;
- Set forth detailed procedural chronology and factual background of cases;
- Thoroughly analyze each claim;
- Set forth reasoned conclusions as to whether violations of EEO laws occurred.